North Side Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Adult Instructors
We are here to make you better! Be a part of our TEAM!
Paul Leon Nava
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt II (ARES BJJ)
Paul is a SEVEN time IBJJF Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion
Paul has also Won Gold at the Pan American Games and the IBJJF National Championships
- 5'8 180lbs
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt (Paul Nava) 04 -
- Judo Black Belt (Steve Owen) 98 - 04
- Jujitsu Black Belt (Andrew Fickett) 98 -
- USAF Special Ops Head Combatives Instructor DMAFB
- Arizona State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion at Brown Belt 16,
- at Purple Belt 11, at Blue Belt 09
- MMA & International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu match experience
- CrossFit Level 1 (CF-L1) Certified Trainer
- ISSA Professional Trainer
- Evolution Kettle Bell Certified
- Periodization Training for Tri Athletes
- Strength & Conditioning for the Combat Athlete
- 6'1 180lbs
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt (Pedro Sauer)
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt I (Pedro Sauer)
A life long martial artist Dusty is the owner of many Black Belts. At one time Dusty moved to Brazil to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu full time. Dusty teaches the kids classes at North Side.
Santos Rene Rivera
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
2017 IBJJF Adult NO-GI World Champion at Rooster Brown Belt
2017 Abu Daubi World Grand Slam Bronze Medalist 121 Brown
2016 Abu Dabui Grand Slam No-Gi Gold Medalist 130lbs Brown
2016 AZBJJF International Open Gold Medalist 141lbs Purple
2016 IBJJF San Jose Open Gold Medalist Purple Rooster
2015 IBJJF NO-GI World Champion Purple Adult Rooster
2015 AZSBJJF SW Classic Purple Belt Adult 141lb Gold Medalist
2015 IBJJF Pan American Silver Medalist at Purple 127lbs
2015 IBJJF LV Summer Open Silver Medalist at Purple 141lbs
2015 IBJJF LV Spring Open Gold Medalist at Purple 141lbs
2015 AZSBJJF AZ Open Gold Medalist at Purple 127lbs
2014 SJJIF Worlds Silver Medalist at Purple 127lbs
2014 IBJJF National Championship Silver Medalist at Blue 127lbs
AZ HS Wrestling State Champion 112lbs Marana HS, Marana AZ
- 6'4 220lbs.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt II
Aaron is a rare blend of size and skill. He brings a fast-paced Jiu-Jitsu game full of deception and positioning.
He is one of the few big guys around with the game of a small man.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt I
- 2012 AZ State and Absolute Purple Champion
- The nickname speaks for itself
- Matt plays a very tight game offering his opponent little space to escape.
- Matt's favorite submissions are the arm-triangle and the Bread Cutter choke.
Purple Belt I
A life long wrestler who even wrestled in college Justin brings a different set of skills with him in edition to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Justin is also an Professional MMA fighter with a record of 2-2 as a professional and 7-0 as an amateur. Justin has a very imposing top game and always works towards a submission victory.